Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And also the Champion of Movieline's Hunger Games Haiku Contest Is...

After receiving over 600 records within our Hunger Games haiku contest, it required some Katniss-strength fortitude to locate one victor to consider home the coveted grand prize, a set of tickets towards the March 12 La premiere. You believe selecting between Peeta and Gale is difficult? Try choosing a champion in the vivid, emotional, romantic, lyrical, amusing, and evocative poems posted by Hunger Games diehards within our Cornucopia of words. To be able to be qualified, records needed to be original arrangements in haiku form and become inspired by any kind of Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games. A lot of you required the very first person approach, writing as Katniss some elected to approach it from the purpose of look at Peeta, Rue, or any other supporting figures within the Hunger Games world. Overall, the strength of the Hunger Games mythology and heroine Katniss Everdeen's journey shone through. Within the spirit from the Games, listed here are the very best 12 "candidates" (ending using the contest's winning entry): Nina Kuo: Pick Peeta or Gale? Well, I have been an admirer of polyandry! -- Momin Sherazi: Katniss, I knead you I bread your pardon Peeta? I stated I loaf You -- Robyn: Screw Gale and Peeta This hellish revolution Was all for you personally, Rue -- Brittany Huynh: I put you some bread And today I throw you my heart Don't break it apart -- Samantha: You are the boy with bread. And i'm the lady burning, We do too make toast? -- Marly (we'll allow the extra syllables fly due to the Tim Gunn reference): Cinna is easily the most normal He jogs my memory of Tim Gunn Have great results, Katniss -- Kristen Kelly: Silver parachutes My kisses bring survival But can there be love here? -- jjl: Basically would win Maybe my spouse would see I am Much better than Peeta -- Skid Maher: So Peeta or Gale? oh seriously Katniss, why don't you drive them both, you prude -- James: A children's deathmatch Ignites a nation to battle No sparkling vampires of the underworld -- Prianna Ahsan: Towards the Capitol where dying awaits me now, yet my thoughts is on boys. -- And also the champion of Movieline's Hunger Games Haiku contest is... Lisa, whose entry taken the wistful spirit of Collins' books having a lyricism evoking Katniss's relationship together with her fellow tribute Rue, the legendary Mockingjay call, and also the rebellion she inspires with one courageous act throughout the Games. Lisa: Four notes around the wind-- I have to whistle for you personally now. Hear our song, Panem? Champion to the champion and thank you to any or all who performed! Read all of the Hunger Games haiku records here. Follow Movieline on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment